Now Bombono DVD can fill out DVD space precisely, making use of Two-Pass Encoding feature in FFmpeg/Libav. Changelog:Two-Pass Encoding option: Project -> Preferences; also fixes #80
Black and blue icons for DVD menus (thanks to abstrusus)
for Windows: checking bad image files (thanks to Roonwhit)
fixes for latest versions of gcc, ffmpeg 1.1/libav 9.2, boost 1.53
#86: users are encouraged to update to GTK >= 2.24.15
More closed tickets: #85, #89
Translations: Spanish, Esperanto (Felipe Castro), Galician (Leandro Regueiro), Slovak (Dušan Kazik), Vietnamese
I take this opportunity to congratulate all women on the occasion of International Women’s Day. <3 Ilya Murav’jov
Bombono DVD in RPM Fusion, Part 2
Thursday, 14 June 2012
Bombono DVD is now in rpmfusion repositories, for Fedora 16, 17 and upcoming 18. To install, you should enable the rpmfusion repository as described in http://rpmfusion.org/Configuration. After that you can install the package ‘bombono-dvd’ either using the “Add/Remove software” graphical tool or use the command line:
$sudo yum install bombono-dvd
To download package directly, use the “Browse available packages” link at http://rpmfusion.org/.
Bombono DVD in RPM Fusion
Friday, 13 April 2012
Bombono DVD has been packaged for Fedora 16 in RPM Fusion. RPM Fusion ships Fedora packages which cannot be shipped from the main project, e. g. due to US patent laws.
In the beginning (i. e., April) bombono-dvd lives in the rpmfusion-free-updates-testing repository.
Experienced Fedora users know how to enable this and install the package.
For others, the package will be readily available after the testing period, just as rpmfusion is enabled. During the test period, it can be downloaded from i386 or x86_64.
Bombono DVD 1.2.1
Wednesday, 14 March 2012
- for Windows:
- do not crash if PATH contains non-Latin characters, “Debug Error! This app has requested the Runtime to terminate it…” (thanks to Oleg P.)
- Bombono generates now more useful information if it crashes (minidumps, with help from Breakpad)
- for Linux:
- Fixes for new ffmpeg (0.8-0.10) and avconv (0.7, 0.8) versions
- Due to the fact that ffmpeg encoder is not more supported in libav, avconv is used instead if it exists at runtime
- twolame’ dependency is removed
- Alec Leamas did great and difficult work to integrate the program into the RPM Fusion repository (the latter is associated with Fedora and Red Hat), many thanks to him; though something is stuck in RPM Fusion again, due to their complicated rules, but we will continue to hope…
- Translation update: Czech
- Bug fix for the error “Can’t seek through the file” when the index is far from start but valid, see #68